About Me

My photo
A few devotional thoughts from a student of Jesus.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Summer Dreamin'

The Lord works in mysterious ways...
So a couple of months back I remember thinking, I would LOVE tofigure out a way to have a bit of a summer holiday and get to England again, and visit Italy and... well the usual. But it seemed a bit beyond me financially, just a beautiful dream.
Well.. here's a funny thing. I'd forgotten who my Father is and what he can do. Around that time I got a second job, so now I was bringing in almost twice what I did, although this still leaves me far from wealthy it definitely opens up a few avenues of opportunity. THEN, I find that a course I need to take this summer is offered in Venice. VENICE!! How amazing is that. In a relatively short time my whole summer was planned for me, and wouldn't you know it.. it includes going to England and Italy - and as the icing on the cake, a good friend I haven't seen in years will be in England at the same time, and planning a trip to Caperwray AT THE EXACT time I had been planning to travel there.!! AMAZING. I still can't get over it. I leave tomorrow for Calgary and fly out on Wednesday. All very exciting... and such a gift.

Here's a real answer to prayer. Just before all this started, I had been thinking about the prayer of Jabez... and I know everybody has all sorts of opinions about it... but I think there are things in it that ARE good to pray. We should ask for God to bless us shouldn't we? And we should ask that he keeps us from sinning against him, against others...etc... and is it wrong to ask him to Expand our territory?
Well, I had just prayed these things for my family and within a few days we had this huge job opportunity that will allow us to work all over the province and hopefully be a blessing to a lot of parents. People started stopping by the school during lunches for a bit of a chat, a bit of encouragement, which also blessed us.
The Watoto Childrens Choir was something that blessed my entire family to be a part of, as God did something amazing in our church and community through it. The list could go on and on. We are busier than ever, but in a good way. It's exciting to be included in something grand that God is doing.
So... I hope to see some of you this summer :D
those of you in England, Italy and beyond!
xx's Grace

2 comments:

Elleah said...

How exciting is that! I hope you have an extremely wonderful time out there!! :)

drakefarmer said...

Have Fun!