About Me

My photo
A few devotional thoughts from a student of Jesus.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

So... I'm in Detox.


I've done it once before with a friend and I thought it might be a good idea again. I probably wouldn't have thought of it actually if a student of mine wasn't doing the detox with her family. But I've felt ill and run down for so long now I figure this definitely can't hurt... and getting toxins out of your system could only help it right.
Anyway, I love all the kinds of food they reccomend on the diet, so how could it be bad...
The bad part? It just seems to take so much extra effort. I'm a roll out of bed, just in time to dress appropriately and get to work sort of person. Preparing lunch before work seems a little insane, it's so much easier to grab a microwave burrito, know what I mean. Ahh well. I figure it's also good discipline, I always can get more done when I've planned everything out in advance.
It may also be good for business. I've been looking at starting a Photography business... discipline will definitely help advance that, especially while I'm still also working at the school.
wow... this is rather rambling - a lack of blogging practice. Facebook steals almost everyone's blogging time, including mine usually.... I'm glad there's a few that have held on to blogger though - it seems that bit more personal somehow... Hope you're all well.
x -G

3 comments:

Kelly said...

hello darling. i really need to do a cleanse one of these days too. i was told by one of the missionaries i met in venezuela that it might not be a bad idea after eating some of the items we did. cripes! good luck to you my friend!

Pasha said...

I'm really going off Facebook. It is full of mindless drivel. The thing that scares me is that I have heard a lot of young people don't like using email. Perhaps people don't reading blogs either (I do). It scares me to think that communication is in danger of drying up. Of course face to face communication will still survive. But I thought one of the strengths of the internet was that we can communicate easily across the globe. I hope that doesn't stop. What do we do?

shinbone #4 said...

I know... I'm so glad for people that still blog... it's just a little deeper isn't it.
Ahh well, maybe after a little while the people that realize they want something a little more will come back to it!!