About Me

My photo
A few devotional thoughts from a student of Jesus.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Kindness of Strangers.

I was so embarrased. I was at the cash register and although I was sure I had money in my account it kept saying "insuff funds". I couldn't believe it, but we tried it three times. I knew my account was low, but I has just put a check in. I had enough to pay for the gas for my car...didn't I? I had 5 dollars in my pruse, so I forked that over and figured I'd put the rest on my card. Nothing! "Insuff Funds" i couldn't figure it out... I tried to figure out a way to pay... but they weren't so keen on me leaving a check and running home to get money. You needed to leave photo id, but not a drivers licence... really, what average person has photo id, that isn't a drivers licence - they wouldn't even take my birth certificate. Just as I was getting to the point of frustration and not just embarrassment, two random strangers offered to pay. One didn't even know how much... it was 12 dollars but he was imagining 80 and STILL offered to pay. I don't know why I am surprised by the kindness of strangers. I would want to do the same thing if I was on the other side... but I was really shocked and I almost wanted to refuse. But I was in such a tight spot I knew I couldn't. I was SO grateful... and humbled and prayed for God to bless them so much. So nice. So good. I'm still a little surprised and embarrassed... probably will remain so. Anyway, God provided when I needed. I still don't know what happened to my account. It is wiped out without me touching it. I need to go to the bank and get things sorted on Monday, but still, God knew better than I did what I needed when, and put people in place to help me out just when I needed it.

1 comment:

drakefarmer said...

It is amazing how God works. Making He was trying to show you something there.