About Me

My photo
A few devotional thoughts from a student of Jesus.

Monday, December 15, 2008

A clever slip up..


The other day I was in the office with my sister Joy and she asked me, "how does that saying go again..? Something about why we celebrate Christmas... oh yah... 'We are the reason for the season'."

I laughed so hard... but it also struck me immediately that it was a completely accurate slogan. It sounds really pompous but it's true that if we didn't exist there would be no Christmas, there would be no reason for it. Christmas celebrates the fact that Our Reedemer was true to His word, He came and He saved us. We celebrate Jesus, but we are the reason that He came. We were lost without Him. So in a very real way... "We are the Reason for the Season"

We Were The Reason - David Meece

As little children
We would dream of Christmas morn
Of all the gifts and toys
We knew we’d find
But we never realized
A baby born one blessed night
Gave us the greatest gift of our lives
We were the reason
That He gave His life
We were the reason
That He suffered and died
To a world that was lost
He gave all He could give
To show us the reason to live
As the years went by
We learned more about gifts
The giving of ourselves
And what that means
On a dark and cloudy day
A man hung crying in the rain
All because of love, all because of love
I’ve finally found the reason for living
It’s in giving every part of my heart to Him
In all that I do every word that I say
I’ll be giving my all just for Him, for Him
He is my reason to live

2 comments:

Tracy said...

wow when i read your newest entry i thought wow that isn't right to say that we are the reason. But how true if Jesus wasn't such an awesome saviour then there would be no celebrating this season!

drakefarmer said...

Would you say that His main reason to go to the Cross was for us, or His obedience to His father and for the Glory of Himself?