About Me

My photo
A few devotional thoughts from a student of Jesus.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Shady


I know I've said it before, but I gotta say it again.
Vladimir Putin is one shady character. There is just something about him that worries me. It seemed strange that he would come into power on New Years Eve 2000 - under the radar, this guy appears on the global political scene. A former KGB man, no less.

Everything he does seems hidden in the shadows of a larger world event.

More recently it was Russia's attack on Georgia during the Olympics...

This past week, they cut of the supply of gas to the Ukraine and by default the Eastern European countries surrounding. Sure it's back on now, but rerouted in a way that makes it difficult for the Ukraine to send it on the the surrounding countries. All this while the tensions in the Middle East have captured the medias attention.


I was watching a show - worlds best dancer, or something to that affect, and the Russian judge said something very telling. He said, "that was wundafull, so amazingk (he's russian so "ing" ends with a k) I think I will write to the president and ask for everything station to play this dance again and again, it was beautiful."

ASK THE PRESIDENT!? Wow, I mean round here we would never expect the President or our Prime Minister to control what is put on television... we would petition heads of Networks, but not government...

Telling wouldn't you say?? Seems to me Putin is a powerful, powerful man, and is used to doing things under the radar... just what else is he up to?

No comments: