About Me

My photo
A few devotional thoughts from a student of Jesus.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

365 days ago...

Where were you?? I had just been home a couple months and wondering what God had in store.... Now I have been home a year and a couple months and I'm wondering what God has in store...
Somehow so much can happen in a year and yet still leave you where you were 365 days previous. That's how I feel. I know there are things in me that have changed... and maybe irrevocably, and there have been changes in relationship with friends and family, some drawing closer while others pulling apart, and yet somehow I feel like there has been no progression. I am praying prayers I prayed last year. I am wondering the same things about the future and so ready to move on, but unsure to what or how... or when. Sigh, stupid New Years making me all melancholy. However this time I am resolved to NOT feel melancholy at our rockin' "multicultural Newyears party" and to take dance classes in the New Year :D No more freedom for me - it's time I take control over my dance habits and learn to step in time >>>

Post script... This Christmas John got a very special Christmas Card from the creator of white ninja... it's positively thrilling for the whole family. Joy, Dave and I got the tshirts! I know it makes you super jealous, but I was too excited not to tell. Of course, you'd find out anyway. I threw out all my other shirts. They were just too lame in comparison.

1 comment:

shinbone #4 said...

ya... fortunately New Years itself was really nice. I was a little sad and melancholy just before the party, but the party itself was just nice - so fun and no party poopers (not even me !!)
We just got home and I am exhausted, but hopeful. Could be because I ate about a dozen fortune cookies over the weekend and all of them had great fortunes... oh if only it were so easy to hope in Christ the same way - I am a sucker for a good fortune cookie.