About Me

My photo
A few devotional thoughts from a student of Jesus.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Please Pray

<-this is Charlie and Nathaniel outside the teams bomb shelter. That thin little door is by no means the main front door... the main door is massive and heavy and just inside... a little further in there is another massive safe like door, and just beyond that another. If it was a safe it would take theives hours to get through I'm sure. It has to be like that... it's protecting something much more precious than money or gold.- Grace

Boker Tov or Good Morning from the north of Israel,

It's 07:45 The sirens in our area and Haifa just sounded - almost like a morning wake-up alarm (Wilma phoned to say she heard 3 rockets explode). Faith and the boys are still asleep in our house bomb shelter - no need to run anywhere. I was awake at 05:45 the F16's taking off and landing woke me up and I found hard getting back to sleep. We live about 6 kilometres from Ramat-David, one of Israel's airforce bases. Actually, on a perfectly normal day, we may hear F16's flying around for exercise - so we're really quite used to it. The day is already hot and sweaty

I want to thank you for your prayers and many encouraging e-mails.

War is not nice, uncertain, unpredictable, frightening, chaotic and violent. War is full of sadness and anger. War is tiring physically and emotionally - adrenalin works overtime - after a while it is exhausting. We are now almost a week into the war with the Hizbullah and Lebanon. Israel counts about 13 civilian casualties and 12 soldiers. Lebanon - over 250 - still not sure how many Hizbullah, Lebanese Army or civilian.

The north of Israel is split into three regions:
Cities, towns and villages right on the northern border - Nahariah, Tsfat, Kiriat-Shmona, etc. These places are hit every day with rockets - everyone is required to be in their bomb shelters at all times.
A little further south is the next region - Acco, Krayot, Haifa, Tiberius, etc. In this area everyone must be about half a minute away from their bomb shelters - life is fairly normal. Several times a day the sirens will go off and people run for shelter - the rockets do come crashing in - it is scary.
The third region is the region where we live - we are about half an hour outside of Haifa - south east. There have been a few rockets that hit some place in this area during the days of the war - so we are told, we only heard faint explosions. The sirens do go off -when we hear them, we always make our way to our safe room. --
This is part of an update I got today from my friend Jonathan... there is more I may post later... please do Pray with me for them.

7 comments:

Keller said...

Glad to see that you've recovered Grace. We missed you at camp this week. This whole Israeli/Lebanese war really sucks. Will continue to pray. Talk to you later.

shinbone #4 said...

thanks yogger.... for all that.
:D

Anonymous said...

Hiya Grace! It looks like we'll be staying at home this weekend... but if you would like to come down with the boys next weekend you are more than welcome to! I totally understand if you are busy though. Let us know how you are doing. We will continue to pray for your missions trip and for your friends in Israel. Lena and Brent.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Danny and Angie gave birth to a baby girl this morning!

Anonymous said...

It's sad to here about war. I will have to continue to read your blog to know what is goinging on. With working at hime and not haveing any sorce of t.v it is hard to keep up with the news.
I did not realize you were back in Isreal.
God Bless you

shinbone #4 said...

oh... I'm not in Israel myself - but I still have a lot of friends there, that have been emailing updates... so I will keep posting - "cuase I know they need so much prayer right now.

Anonymous said...

I understand, I kind of thought that as i contunied to read through your blog