About Me

My photo
A few devotional thoughts from a student of Jesus.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Sadness and Peace


So I won't be going to Peru next week after all. When I first found out, I was so sad. Even though I kind of expected it. My doctor said he would give his "cautious consent" for me to go.. IF... I could guarantee all sorts of medical stuff that just couldn't be guaranteed. ALSO, the medical insurance we bought for the team was purchased before I had the old appendix out (well actually on the same day) - so really any complications arising post surgery wouldn't be covered because it wasn't listed. So SIM requested that I don't join the team. As soon as I was told I ALSO had peace that it was right. I, to be honest wasn't sure in the beginning it was God's will I go, so I thought I will lead the team for as long as God wants, and then I'll let go. But as the time grew closer it really seemed like it was alright. Well... right up until I got admitted to hospital anyway. Even then I thought I would probably be fully healed and doing fine before we go. But I was wrong. I know if I was supposed to go, God could have healed me. I could be so healed there wouldn't even be any scars from the surgery. I think, as it's happened - it was God's will I lead this team, and then release it and let Him do as He wills using all the gifted people He's preordained should go. I have such peace about it, I'm pretty amazed myself. Sadness and peace. Praise God for the peace. I think it would be pretty devestating to have immense sadness without the hope that Peace brings with it. Hope because I know God is in control. And no matter what He chooses, I need to choose to say "Blessed be Your name."
P.S. The little boy in the picture with me IS going to Peru with the team. He will definitely be an asset.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah now you get to hang out with your little bro instead! Wow when God takes one thing away He replaces it with so much more hey!

shinbone #4 said...

ummm...yes... more. But better? Now that is to be determined. He'll replace it with good, but His good is not always what we would normally class as pleasant or nice. Time will tell #7. Time will tell :D

Anonymous said...

oh grace, i'm so sorry! i just wanted to leave you a comment and wish you a blessed time there when i read your blog... i think you should come to germany in the autumn instead. we need people like you over here!!! did i tell you i'm gonna fly to the states tomorrow?! i'm so excited!!! if you want to, you could pray for a safe trip. god bless you!

shinbone #4 said...

Thanks Frank, who knows maybe I will be in Germany this fall. I certainly have no idea at the moment what I'm doing :D
I hope The states is everything yu hoped it would be and more, I'll be praying.

Keller said...

I was very sad to hear about the Peru trip. I thought about what it would be like to not be able to go to (secret country) after all the work I've put into the team, etc. It would be devestating. However, I think you've showed great humility through this despite the obvious disappointment. It will be interesting to hear what happened in Peru, but also what happens in CL for you while everyone is overseas. Will continue to pray.

shinbone #4 said...

Thanks Yogger...
Your trip to a secret location has to be coming up right away too, are you excited yet?? Do you still have a tonne of work to do for it? I'm not even going any more, but still there is paper work for me to do... it never ends - or at least that's how it feels :D

Megan said...

I'm sorry to hear that Grace. But it's definitely encouraging to see you feelings such peace about it. It's so cool to watch from the outside, God work in other peoples' lives.