About Me

My photo
A few devotional thoughts from a student of Jesus.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

A Life Exam


It's not that our life is a test, or should I say, that we exist to be tested. But sometimes I know it can feel that way. But according to the end Ecclesiastes, it seems to me, we exist to fulfill a desire of God! Not a need of God, but a desire...

In life there are so many things we do, or acquire, to fulfill a desire - not a need. The things we do and/or get to fulfill a need, very rarely bring us much joy. In fact we tend to try not to think about them too much. However, things that fulfill a desire do bring joy (not sinful desires of course).... So if we are created to fulfill God's desire to be loved (in Spirit and in Truth) the tests in life are necessary to prove/show (make an exhibition) of our love. Also I believe we are tested to increase our love for Him... Somehow, because of the way we are designed, testing can prove to us our need for our creator, and beyond that, our desire to know Him. ...And round and round it goes... =)

6 comments:

the Haazens :) said...

True...God always brings us back to that point where we totally need Him! I'm sure glad he keep's doing that for me anyways, even through it's really hard sometimes.

T=) (aka Tanneal)

shinbone #4 said...

Amen and amen!
p.s. hi Tanneal - I knew it was you!!! Give Kally a hug from me when you see her okay??

shinbone #4 said...

Kelly I meant, not Kally...

Keller said...

and round and round it does go. Thanks Grace.

Keller said...

Also, what's with "Mr.Popular"? Not that it doesn't feed my ego or anything, but really... it is not a very fitting description for one of the least popular guys in high school.

I find it hard to say anything else because it will seem like I am displaying a very coloured sense of humility. I guess I'll just be Mr.Popular for now. :)

shinbone #4 said...

You are Mr. Popular because... since I know you mostly through the blogging world and your blog is so popular (117 comments... really...) and I am jealous. I call you Mr. Popular. I am just glad to be one of the links on Mr. Populars blog site.