About Me

My photo
A few devotional thoughts from a student of Jesus.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A synonym is a word you use in place of one you can't spell.


So today went to by and nothing in particular happened (except for my new glasses coming in... Fantastic. And I met for a small bible study with a couple friends which was also very good... [I love those small intimate groups, I feel there is so much to learn and in a smaller group we can be so much more open and excited for each others new discoveries]... And I walked to work today because the weather has taken a turn for the pleasant... and Peter Lewis came over and we're all going to watch a movie right away.) but somehow it's been really good anyway. You know I need to keep finding blessing in the seemingly ordinary things that make up a day. I am to quick to wonder (even stress) about what God is going to do, and not quick enough to thank Him for what He did today. So I just wanna take this time to say in front of God and these witnesses... I am grateful, even for the everyday. "Blessed be His name"

9 comments:

the Haazens :) said...

Amen sista! I find it hard to see the joy in the mundane or the 'valleys' as some would call them, but it's true, we've got to stop and smell the roses that God plants for us along the way. (Ok that was cheesy, sorry.)

T=)

Kelly said...

I just find it too easy to complain about all the obstacles and trials that are put in my way, and sometimes I let those things blind me to the good things that have been given to me. Today is one of those days...I had a terrible evening last night and an even worse morning for various reasons, so I started to settle into wallowing in my own self-pity. Then I came into the church and John hinted about my computer. Last night some of the guys from the college and career bible study decided to hook up the computer in my office to the internet for me! I just about started to cry because after feeling hurt by someone this morning, these guys did something so nice for me (I've been waiting to get online for weeks now). God has reminded me that even on a crappy day, He will take care of me in the most unexpected way--those guys have encouraged me and made me a little happier today!

shinbone #4 said...

exactly... I'm glad you're in it with me. So let's all stop the hurtin'and start the praisin'!

Kelly said...

Can we make a phone date, my dearest Shinbone? Are you home Sunday afternoon/evening or Monday? I would love to chat.

shinbone #4 said...

Yes... ummm, I think Sunday I'll be in on and off... Church and so on, you know... But Monday for sure. Or if you're in on Sunday I can call you? I really would love a good chat!!! In fact if I wasn't at work I would try and call you right now. Yes I'm checking my blog at work. I know, a bit naughty. :)

Kelly said...

It's Ok, I check mine at work numerous times during the day--my computer at home is just to slow!

shinbone #4 said...

Nope, not skiriffic - (the skiriffic hair was much bigger) it's from a thing we did at Capernwray... that's me as an Israeli Eurovision judge - Shoshana.
And yes.. the little group is a great idea, I'm glad you "forced" us into it.

shinbone #4 said...

Jonny's coming over?? That's so cool. When are you going??

shinbone #4 said...

That would be very cool? I don't know if it would be possible for me or not, but it would be so cool if it worked out, a little reunion action... So, uhhhh... keep me informed K?