About Me

My photo
A few devotional thoughts from a student of Jesus.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Snow is all there is.

Really! It's been snowing for about a week now. I have even invested in long underwear. Long underwear is my new hero! I avoided it for so long because the extra layer makes you feel as if you're walking like an awkward robot. Let me just say, I'd rather be a warm awkward robot than a teeth chattering average joe.
I have also started Christmas party season. It has been my tradition since I was living in Israel to have late night Christmas parties. Sometimes with a friend, sometimes even just me and God.
Somehow they make me feel happy and melancholy. Poetic amost :D They make ordinary nights extraordinary. They make blizzards a welcome thing, rather than something to dread. Christmas parties are all about comfort and warmth and spices. If you don't have personal Christmas parties let me highly encourage you to start. In fact why not have one tonight. They don't need to be extravagent, they just require: Christmas music, candles, warm blankets, and some spiced drink or hot chocolate. Manderin oranges, chocolate, or pfefferneuse/ liebkuchen (I doubt that's spelt right) all take it up a notch. Even if you're alone it'll make you feel special and loved deep down. Try it, you'll like it!!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

i will have one tonight before i go to bed...i love pfefferneuse or however you spell it

shinbone #4 said...

Austin!! Hey... you know german? I guess you should know a little right. Weren't you at Tauernhoff, or Bodenseehoff, or one of the hoff's?? So you're at Uni... I should check out your blog again. So much is new I wouldn't know where to begin to share my news with you... you could check out my archives :D Right now I'm not working, but I am working on a little something. Details to follow!

drakefarmer said...

I love long john's all about them... but it's a must when the weather is like this...

Anonymous said...

did i mention that we are having the warmest november in germany ever? people don't even wear a scarf! I WANT SNOW AND WINTER! and i'd like you to show me how to have christmas-parties! actually, it's lebkuchen and pfeffernuesse. it makes me happy that you all start to speak deutsch! servus, frank

drakefarmer said...

Was mit jeder ist das Sprechen deutsch?