About Me

My photo
A few devotional thoughts from a student of Jesus.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

My sad little iPod...

Please disregard this one if you hate iPods and/or technology as much as Joy.


To quote the Beetles "Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody, Help!"
Our computer crashed a few months back - I missed it terribly. (well to be honest I missed iTunes terribly) Fortunately before it crashed I had updated it with the latest and greatest... however, since it was down so long and I am a bit of a music hound... I got a friend to link me to his, so I could put some new cd's on it, etc... After that it locked me out of all the songs I purchsed from iTunes on my computer - dirty rotten sassafrassa rassa...
anyhoo...(don't you hate that when people say anyhoo, instead of anyhow? hahaha)
ANYHOO... I was miserable about that but happy to have the new cd's I figured we would get our computer back right away, I would unlock my purchased songs... no problem. Well after another month+ we finally got it back, but now my itunes won't recognize my iPod - in fact the whole computer is now acting like it doesn't exist!!! So frustrating. I'm locked out and don't know what to do. If you have ANY know how. PLEASE!!! I'm down on my knees beggin you please... HELP!!!

12 comments:

Kelly said...

Anyhoo, I have not clue what you could do. Call the Best Buy repair dept and see what they say, maybe?

Anonymous said...

I don't hate technology, I just don't think you need all the new things that come out when what you have still works fine. Yes iPods are nice to have, but I still have a good MP3 player I was given for Christmas. You my girl not only like your iPod you buy every dumb thing they sell for them... if you can aford it at the time. By all means enjoy you ipod or technology ( as you so call it), but don't get sucked into all the gizmos and junk that don't make them work any better. That is all.

Anonymous said...

ipod's all the way!!!!!!!!!!!
and Grace that sucks
TheDrake

Anonymous said...

Grace;

Since I don't know your entire situation, I'll have to put out a few suggestions.

When your computer came back, was the hard drive wiped, or can you actually find all your old tunes...just can't get them on your ipod?

If you can see them, you should be able to put them back on...if you can't find the tunes on your computer...they are gone...never to be seen again; unless you backed them up on CD.


If you do see them, one possibility is that the user account was not set up the exact same when you used your friend's computer. Another possibility is that Itunes didn't load correctly or your ipod drivers are not correctly installed after work was done on your computer. Try reinstalling the driver's and/or Itunes software again.

Oh...and make sure that you backup all the music you purchase from online; otherwise, you will have to rebuy them...just as you would a CD if it got scratched.

Anonymous said...

You also mentioned that you recently bought the latest and greatest. Were you referring to updates to the Itune software? If so, make sure that you have the same version loaded now.

shinbone #4 said...

The songs are all there.. it's just the computer isn't recognizing my iPod. It did at first, but not in iTunes, but now the computer itself isn't even recognizing I plugged it in!!! HELP!!

shinbone #4 said...

Thanks Shaz...
hi back :)

Anonymous said...

If the computer doesn't read your Ipod, then either you are having troubles with your drivers or the cable(dock) is damaged. I'm not sure if you have a CD-Burner on your computer, but I would recommend backing up the music that you do have before anything else. Next, try re-installing your drivers. They will be on the CD that came with the Ipod...not Itunes.

NOTE- Disconnect your Ipod and docking station BEFORE you install drivers. Only connect when the onscreen instructions tell you to. You may need to uninstall the current drivers first. If you need an explanation on how to do that, I will try to find a web link for you.

Good luck.

Keller said...

I'm thinking that hotrodent, RiPKord and Big Geek are all the same smart person who went to NAIT.

shinbone #4 said...

Interesting theory Yogger.. so you think you know who this super(iPod)man is??? heh?

Janice said...

haha anyhoo is a funny word. one of my favourite phone messages ever was one heidi tullmann left me when i moved back to canada. she called and left this cute "welcome to canada" message and then at the end she said, "anyhoo...NO i hate that word!...ANYWAYS..." and i laughed. it's such a dumb little word and i don't like it but sometimes it just slips out anyways....

shinbone #4 said...

I know... somehow it's a word that sucks you in and you use it without thinking and then feel like a dolt. Dolt is another word like that :D