About Me

My photo
A few devotional thoughts from a student of Jesus.

Friday, June 30, 2006

and I see no bravery, in your eyes only sadness


I love this verse!! "The Lord God is my strength, my personal bravery and my invincible army; He makes my feet like hinds' feet and will make me to walk [not to stand still in terror, but to walk] and make [spiritual] progress upon my high places [of trouble, suffering or responsibilty]!"
My mum was reading it in devotions last night, and I'm so glad to say it's true.
I am SO not a brave person. I've done things that are brave though, at least it took bravery for me - because I knew I could say... "well Father if this is what you want me to do, you must go before me, you must give me the strength, you must fight for me, just like you promised." And he has - I mean I'm still here, alive and kicking after all :D
There are so many things that make me want to stand still in terror - but there is so much freedom and confidence in knowing that the creator of this world IS my invincible army, my bravery exists only in Him. Although I have to say he's also brought people in my life to encourage me to be brave when I'm not, I still step out of my comfort zone holding His hand. So funny, sometimes I feel like I have a choke hold on his hand as if I'll have to drag Him where He doesn't want to go, when usually the thing I'm most afraid of, is the thing He's called me to in the first place... And the reason I'm scared is because I know it's way beyond my natural abilities - His strength being made perfect in my weakness, and all that :D
Anyway... I just thought I'd share this verse today that reminds me... Our Heavenly Father is my strength, my personal bravery, my invincible army. *sigh*, beautiful isn't it??
oh yah - if you're looking for it, it's the last verse in Habakuk (3:19)

10 comments:

Keller said...

Aye... yer personal bravery. Thanks for sharin'.

shinbone #4 said...

You're welcome - although I have to admit - sharing my personal bravery isn't exactly my own choice.
:D

Janice said...

grace, we should hang out. us non-brave people, we should start a club or something. frightened anonymous or scaredy-cats unite or something similar. although, i think i'm more just afraid of everything than merely not brave...even darting around that first corner in the thomas flat to sneak around was too much fear for me. ridiculous, i know.

but seriously. non-brave club aside, we should hang out.

shinbone #4 said...

here here!! I agree... :D
so uhhh, wanna come over later ?
:D

Megan said...

Thanks Grace. It is truly beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Grace;

As I have just heard from your sister's blog, may you recover quickly and painlessly. I shall be praying for you and that the doctors find you in good health. May you recover quickly and return to us here in the blogging community with the same infectious smile and humble wisdom you have shown us in the past. God be with you.

Justin N said...

niiiiice. I like verses in books like Habakuk cuz you rarely hear them so when you do, they're wicked refreshing to hear cuz it's not your typical Phil 4:13 or John 3:16 etc. yuno?
I liked the post mucho.

Anonymous said...

Speedy Recovery Grace,
Grace we are praying for you as you are in the hospital, we hope the doctors find out what's going on, and that you are back to health real soon!

shinbone #4 said...

who knew having your appendix removed and a camera look around inside you could be so painful???
I'm recovering - slowley:D
Please do pray my fever stays down...
Thanks you guys!

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you, Grace! We're glad you are feeling a bit better and that God is giving you strength each day. We can't wait to see you soon!

Lena and Brent (I guess it's not so anonymous).