About Me

My photo
A few devotional thoughts from a student of Jesus.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

With one hand behind my back... figuratively speaking

Joy grabbed my left hand and challenged me to make dinner tonight with one hand tied behind my back, I told her okay and never let go of her hand... even when she tried to pull away. She thought it was funny at first, but when the onions I was chopping made her tear up she tried to pull away. I was having none of it!! When I was browning the meat, Joy (not a meat lover pulled away). I am proud to say I/we did it!! Shepherds Pie one handed!!! I even peeled the carrots, mashed the potato's, grated the cheese, chopped everything, and sauted to my little hearts content. You have no idea the sense of pride and accomplishment. As I held Joy's (not too sweaty) hand (surprising I know), ocassionally twirling her out of my way (Joy insists I threw and or hurled her out of my way only to drag her back again),
it was like a fragrant, slightly messy ballet.
I have an idea for a new program called "Cooking Together." I know I would find a cooking show, where the host held the hand of someone without letting go, completely and utterly fascinating. What did joy do while I cooked with her...
In her words : "complained, made a cup of tea, ate a tapioca pudding, held the grater down while Grace grated cheese, took the sour cream out of the fridge AND put it back...
drank a glass of ice water (occasionally giving me a sip)
Last but not least - commentated on the affair.
Yes I am quite pathetic. "
Try it some time it is easier than you would think and makes meal prep very entertaining!!

12 comments:

Joy said...

ha! I look so Hot in that picture! Hot as in... I look like I have a fever, but I really do like that I have balsamic vinger on my nose and fore head.

Megs said...

I think in order to do this I'd have to cook...ha!!

that's so random and rad gracie i love it!

drakefarmer said...

WOW!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun.

Anonymous said...

hahahaha - I'm impressed and I totally would also watch a cooking show like that. LOL

Anonymous said...

holy moly. ummm...i don't even know what to say!!! Im speechless you guys!

Keller said...

You should write a "One-Handed Cooking Cookbook," with one hand.

Court said...

shepards pie.... now that a childhood memory I'd rather not re-live

Anonymous said...

You my friend are very talented!

Anonymous said...

Grace,

Go listen to this Scottish singer...http://www.paolonutini.com/

Cuz Liz

Swoosh said...

I think that's cheating because Joy held the cheese grater. Other than that, you can cook for me one-handed anytime you like. I'm still craving some of that soup with an egg you made me . . .

shinbone #4 said...

lets cook together sometime Nik,
I think you would enjoy it :D