About Me

My photo
A few devotional thoughts from a student of Jesus.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Anatomy of a painting


On a day, I thought I may very well go crazy
I decided to paint something I really liked.
Not just something that would challenge me.
And for lack of anything else to blog I thought I
would share the process with you.

believe it or not, painting the entire canvas brown was harder than it really should be.

It didn't help that our power went out a couple of times which made painting that little bit more challenging. I was to ansty to do anything but paint.

Can you see I had one orange left from Valentines day...
and the purple sheet behind is actually a matress. My future sister in law, Joy Ruth always stays with me when she comes up for a visit. I keep her bed ready.




The came the black and red. I know it probably looks like madness, but there really was method behind it all.

Can you see the other 2 paintings I just finished in the background?


AND tah- dah! Here's the finished product!
The colours aren't right in this so I added the picture below as well.

If you look close at this one you can see some of the cave painting images in black as well as a few figures and some writing in Hebrew.

Secret stuff just for me. I could tell you everything it says, but then I may have to kill you.



My inspiration during this endeavor.

2 hours of candlelight
Music and Lyrics Soundtrack
Fall Out Boy
Johnny Cash
Katie Melua
Jimmy Kimmel
Entertainment Tonight
Corrine Bailey Rae
Anderson Cooper 360
A variety of artists and songs (iPod Song Shuffle)

and of course an artist named George who painted something similar many moons ago.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

I really like this one and the tree one. i can't wait to see it in person. I really need to get an idea so our painting club can meet!!!!

drakefarmer said...

Wow! I love it... I am unsure what it makes me think of or anything, but right off the bat I was like "that is cool!" I will stare at it for hours until I find its secret meaning....

Megs said...

i'm a fan ms.gracie i'm a fan. actually i'd like to hang thta bad boy on my wall...it'd look smashing on my red walls.

thanks for sharing!

Swoosh said...

It would probably be more exciting for me if I could actually see the pictures. Stupid network filters!

shinbone #4 said...

Well Nik, tomorrow I come teach your class and I will bring it with me... So you can experience it first hand :D
kissing you from afar, G