About Me

My photo
A few devotional thoughts from a student of Jesus.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Things that make me happy, or feel more myself.

1.) Talking to a good friend for hours about the good old days.

2.) Doing a make over on someone.. last night it was Tracy Lewis. Ever seen her with straight hair? It was crazy.

3.) Anderson Cooper 360 (just lately I have become a bit of an addict)

4.) Jimmy Kimmel ( I almost forgot - & King Kong now in HDDVD!!)

5.) White Ninja

6.) Praying about nothing in particular, just because I can.

7.) Going on a long walk on a warm night with a fresh breeze... either by myself or with one or 2 friends. Just the best.

8.) Getting really messy when I paint.

9.) Having a really nice hot shower in the middle of the afternoon and then crawling into bed for a little while and reading a good book.

10.) Sitting on a balcony in a comfortable chair, and watching the day turn to night, as a friend and I discuss politics and movies and sip on a half glass of not too dry wine. Granted I haven't done this since I lived in Israel, but I miss it so much.

11.) Sleuthing...

12.) Eavesdropping while I'm in public. I love to listen in to conversation of people around me, especially if I have no idea who they are. I think it's crazy that I know God and he knows all their secrets. Sometimes you over hear a little something that makes you feel like you're sharing in those secrets. I just love it.

13.) Along the same lines as eavesdropping. I love looking in people's windows and wonder whats going on in there. You glimpse these little stories of someones life, even if it's just the way they have decorated... There are some houses I've looked into that I have never forgotten, they have captured my imagination in a way that just won't let me forget.

14.) I love when people look in our windows, it makes me want to put on a little show. Like the other day, Joy and I were dancing in our living room and noticed the neighbours were watching, so we stepped it up a notch and included a few somersaults... Joy got a bruised shoulder and I discovered I could still do a backwards somersault and the neighbours were entertained. Good times had by all!

15.) Horlicks on a cold wintery night.

16.) Fire places. The real deal, the ones you have to feed and stoke etc.

17.) clean teeth

18.) hand massages

19.) spicy food

20.) cooking for people that love to try new things.

9 comments:

RiP Kord said...

Sounds like great times, indeed. maybe you should become a Private investigator. Then you could get paid to sleuth and look into people's windows. You just have to be careful. Either you find a job you love to go to, or you learn to dislike what you used to love because it becomes just a job.

How long did you live in Isreal?

Court said...

I agree with you on several of these accoutns.
Manly listening in on strangers conversations. I love it. Getting messy when I paint. Real fires 9mine is fake at my house and it makes me sad)
and Anderson Copper I have a crush on him.

shinbone #4 said...

mmmm yes, Anderson Cooper... what is it do you think?? He's just so watchable... and cool... and sigh... you know.
Glad you agree Court. You know, I'm still waiting for that email :D

And rip kord... I wish I could be a P.I. but I'm just not tough enough. I lived in Israel for 2 years, but the amount it changed me it feels like it muxt have been longer.

Swoosh said...

Ahh, darling, so many of those things remind me of the not too distant past when I was around to partake in those things with you. I miss you dearie!

Anonymous said...

You sure are an interesting person. i love learning new things about ppl.
I think most of us are guilty of evsdropping and peeking in windows.

Kelly said...

The thought of you and Joy doing somersaults in the living room just gave me a giggle...and I know no better sleuth than you, my dear!

Jonathan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jonathan said...

Ohh, I almost nodded off there...
That was a relaxing list, I have to say. Thanx for sharing!
Thanx for your comment on my blog too, glad that it spoke to you. Thank you for sharing that verse too.
I don't care what anyone says, God has always got our best interests at heart and if we follow Him faithfully, He will never harm us. He is so good.

Andrew Newman said...

I enjoy trying new things...you will have to cook for me!!!